Monday, October 21, 2013

How Selling My Aunt's Gold Helped Me Get a New Car


I was always really close to my aunt. When I was a little girl, she used to babysit me, and I remember playing dress-up with all of her hats and scarves, and most of all her jewelry. She never married or had any kids of her own, so I think that she always thought of me kind of as the daughter she never had. She didn't have much money when she passed on, but she did leave me all of her jewelry in her will. Maybe she fondly remembered that little girl playing dress-up, too.


I held onto it for a while for sentimental reasons, but memories don't pay the bills, and eventually it just became another thing that cluttered up my apartment. My car was still the one I'd bought to go to college, and it was on its last legs, and I was scrounging looking for a cheap replacement when I saw an ad about selling gold in Kansas City and remembered my aunt's jewelry. I knew some of it was costume jewelry, but some of it was heirloom stuff, and actual gold and silver that she'd bought over the years. I figured it couldn't hurt to get it valued, and see if maybe it could help me out with my car situation.





In spite of the fact that I was in the market for a new car, though, I didn't want to get taken for a ride on selling my gold, and since I was new to selling gold in Kansas City I figured it wouldn't hurt to do some research. After checking around, I decided to go to Gold Buyer KC. A lot of places seemed a little fly-by-night, but Gold Buyer KC are trusted professionals who specialize in valuing gold. They've got some state-of-the-art machines that tell them how much gold is actually in a piece, and their staff keeps everything transparent and easy to understand from start to finish.

Like I expected, some of my aunt's pieces were costume jewelry, and not worth a whole lot. I kept a few of those for myself, to hold onto those childhood memories. But a surprising amount of it was real gold, which I sold to Gold Buyer KC for current market price, which got me enough extra cash to help put a down payment on a much newer car than I was expecting!

So the story has a happy ending. I'm driving my new car, and still have a few pieces of my aunt's old jewelry. I think she'd approve! Gold Buyer KC made selling gold in Kansas City easy, and if I ever have anything else to sell down to the road, I know exactly who I'll be going back to!





The author of this article, contacted Gold Buyer KC to value her gold items and receive a current market price for her gold. Contact Gold Buyer KC to have your gold jewelry, coins, and other gold items valued today. You can get the most accurate gold payout in Kansas City from Gold Buyer KC! 


No comments:

Post a Comment